Wednesday, March 7, 2012

One for the Road

I often wonder why I -
We are here. Must have been some grand design.
Or Maybe just an accident.

The kindness of strangers, makes me think it was not
- an accident.
And I am here to be humbly kind to others,
when we travel on this road.

I often wonder why we
travel, and why there is a road.
Maybe because roads inspire new journeys.

The experiences of the journeys is all there is,
And I am here to make this journey, as others who come after will.
Maybe they will find the flowers.
Blooming on the plants we protected during the storm

I often wonder why we
think we need a legacy.
Maybe its most beautiful when we leave no trace,
legacies stain the pristine.

We live once, believing we are special,
And want to be remembered for our rebellions.
Some insignificant, some - hardly rebellions,
Seeking acknowledgement as rebels.

I often wonder if I remembered to acknowledge.
Them and me. And if there is more of me to know.
Maybe some discoveries must remain unmade.

The discoveries of the road, the journeys,
and failed rebellions and elusive legacies
- often feel inadequate.
I wonder why.

Maybe an adequate discovery of self is what we seek.
Safe travels.

3 comments:

GODEYE said...

Very Nicely written. Bravo!!

Pradyut Mitra said...

Beautifully written. A sublime touch of the legacy I came across 20 years back.

Expressions said...

Existential curiosity! I think we all go through such wondering or soul searching at some point in our lives, though probably most overwhelmingly so when we are at the steppingstone of adulthood!

It is meaingfullness that perhaps sparks this curiosity or makes us want to wonder. We want to feel we matter and in that pursuit we go on traveling in hope to leave a mark; to help us prove to ourselves we were here; we were meaningful...